Jhe Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is the greatest of the mixed martial arts (mma) organization in the world. the cfu features the best international fighters, with a wide variety of martial arts styles and disciplines.
How many rounds are there in a UFC fight?
UFC fights last three or five rounds. Regular fights usually last three rounds, while championship fights and main events last five rounds. Each UFC round lasts five minutes with a one-minute break between rounds.
A reference UFC fight consists of three five-minute rounds. However, the title bouts are extended to five five-minute rounds.
The referee can stop a fight if a fighter abandons a submission, when a fighter is knocked out, or when a fighter no longer defends himself sensibly.
The most recent examples of this are the women’s strawweight and flyweight bouts at UFC 261both of which were scheduled for five rounds despite not being in the main event bracket.
What is the order of weight classes in the UFC?
Men’s Division Categories:
- Flyweight – 125 lbs (56.7 kg).
- Bantamweight – 135 pounds (61.2 kg).
- Featherweight – 145 lbs (65.8 kg).
- Lightweight – 155 lbs (70.3 kg).
- Welterweight – 170 lbs (77.1 kg).
- Average weight – 185 pounds (83.9 kg).
- Light heavyweight – 205 lbs (93 kg).
- Heavyweight – 206 lbs (93.44 kg) or more.
Women’s Division Categories:
- Women’s Straw Weight – 115 lbs (52.2 kg).
- Female bantamweight – 135 lbs (61.2 kg).
In the cfuthree judges assess each fight from a different angle of the octagon and score each fighter up to 10 dots each round. To win a round, a fighter must score ten points and his opponent must score less than ten.