Vegas – UFC returns to San Diego for the first time since 2015 with a climactic battle between top bantamweight contenders that will see the No. 5 ranked Marlon Vera takes on the former champion and No. 8 ranked Dominique Cruz. UFC on ESPN+ 67: Vera vs. Cruz start times and the fight card can be seen below.
This event will take place on Saturday, August 13 at the Pechanga Arena in San Diego, CA. All fights will air on ESPN and will be simulcast in English and Spanish on ESPN+ and ESPN Deportes with the main card starting at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT. . The preliminaries will begin at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
rising star Vera (19-7-1) fighter in Chone, Manabi, Ecuador, intends to deliver his best performance yet in his second consecutive UFC main event. An all-around martial artist, Vera holds the record for the most wins in UFC bantamweight history, including those earned in her victories over former champion Frankie Edgar, Sean O’Malley and Brad Pickett. He now plans to put his name in the UFC title picture for the first time by knocking out Cruz.
Former UFC and WEC bantamweight champion Cross (24-3) San Diego, Calif. aims to make a statement in front of its hometown crowd. Owner of one of the most unique fighting styles in MMA, Cruz has established himself among the best to ever compete at 135 pounds with victories over fellow champions TJ Dillashaw and Demetrious Johnson. He is now looking to put an end to Vera’s momentum and get back into the Top 5.
Buy your tickets for all your MMA and boxing events going here.
Additional fights on the map include:
- UFC’s highest-ranked women’s strawweights face off as No. 5 Alexa Grasso (14-3, fighting in Guadalajara, Mexico) meets No. 7 Viviane Araujo (11-3, fight in Brasilia, Brazil)
- A flyweight fight sees Malcolm Gordon (14-5, fighting in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada) faces Allan Nascimento (19-6, fight in Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- UFC No. 7 ranked women’s bantamweight contender Ladd of Aspen (9-3, fighter in El Dorado Hill, Calif.) is looking to defend his ranking spot against 8th place Sara McMann (13-6, fight in Gaffney, SC)
- Devin Clark (13-6, fighter in Sioux Falls, SD) plans to be first to defeat Azamat Murzakanov (11-0, fighter from Fairfield, NJ via Nalchik, Russia) in a light heavyweight bout
- Bruno Silva (22-7, fighter in Parana, Brazil) eyes another signing against veteran Gerald Meerschaert (34-15, fighter out of Milwaukee, Wis.) in a middleweight bout
- Heavy action sees Martin Buday (10-1, Nitra fight, Slovakia) collide with Lukasz Brzeski (8-1-1, 1 NC, Małopolskie fight, Poland)
- Yazmin Jauregui (8-0, fighter in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico) intends to make a statement in his UFC debut against Istela Nunes (6-3, 1 NC, fight in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
On his final Octagon walk, Chone finisher Vera managed to pull off a rather comfortable beating against division contender Rob Font – earning a unanimous decision win over the Massachusetts forward in the UFC. Vegas 53 in April.
As for former two-time bantamweight titleholder Cruz, the Californian managed to earn his second straight victory at UFC 269 in December at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada – rallying to defeat Pedro Munhoz with a successful unanimous decision to own her.
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for combat sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He is also a veteran MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting