Bader vs. Machida 2 Bellator MMA Live Stream returns Friday night with Bellator 256, Free Reddit from the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Former Bellator light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader will meet Lyoto Machida in a quarterfinal of the Bellator World Light Heavyweight Grand Prix in five rounds in the main event of the night. The two have met once before under the UFC banner, with Machida coming out on top in 2012.
Event: Bellator 256: “Bader against Machida 2”
Dated: Fri 9 April 2021
Location: Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut
How to watch: Show time
Bellator 256 main event:
205 pounds: Ryan Bader (27-6, 1 NC) vs. Lyoto Machida (26-10)
Bellator Main Card 256 (9 p.m. ET):
125 pounds: Liz Carmouche (14-7) vs. Vanessa Porto (22-8)
145 lbs: Cat Zingano (11-4) vs. Olivia Parker (4-1)
145 lbs: Adam Borics (16-1) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (16-2)
155 pounds: Goiti Yamauchi (25-4) vs. Dan Moret (14-6)
The first weigh-ins for the event were at 9 a.m. ET today, followed by ceremonial weigh-ins at 1 p.m. ET. This feed can be viewed above.
Does Bader have his revenge on Bellator 256?
Ryan Bader and Lyoto Machida first fought in the UFC on FOX 4 on August 4, 2012, with Machida winning by TKO in the second round. Since then, the pair have gone their own way, with Bader becoming champion champion at Bellator while Machida has had mixed results since losing his UFC light heavyweight title in 2010.
Complete Bellator 256 weighing results below:
Main Card (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.6)
- Liz Carmouche (125.4) vs. Vanessa Porto (126)
- Adam Borics (145.8) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (145.7)
- Cat Zingano (145.2) vs. Olivia Parker (145.4)
- Goiti Yamauchi (155.8) vs. Dan Moret (155.6)
Preliminary card (MyMMANews.com, 6 p.m. ET)
- Nathan Ghareeb (143.8) vs. Cody Law (145.2)
- Talita Nogueira (146) vs. Jessica Borga (145.2)
- Diana Avsaragova (125.8) vs. Tara Graff (125.2)
- Cass Bell (135.6) vs. Jornel Lugo (135)
- Nainoa Dung (155.9) vs. Izzy William (156)
- Dalton Rosta (185.5) vs. Tony Johnson (185.2)
- Jaylon Bates (136) vs. Jeffrey Glossner (137.8) *
- John Douma (135.4) vs. Will Smith (134.6)
In the fight, there is no doubt about Bader’s game plan and who will fight Machida early and often. The Brazilian is known for his karate hitting style, which could pose problems for Bader if he can’t beat the former UFC champion.
Bader vs Machida statistics
I don’t expect this fight to be very competitive at all. Bader should be able to defeat Machida at will and I’m also worried about Machida’s cardio to do five rounds as he hasn’t fought a five-round fight since 2018.
While Bader has knockout power and is a good striker, I don’t think he’ll want to stand up and trade with Machida. He was caught trading with Nemkov during his last fight and was knocked out. In the Grand Prix, too, you have to stay healthy, and Bader knows that after going through the heavyweight Grand Prix.
I would expect Bader to fight Machida early and often and end up gaining some ground and pounding TKOs in the middle of the fight.
Does Carmouche win a title with a victory?
Liz Carmouche made her Bellator debut by submitting DeAnna Bennett in the third round after being surprisingly released from the UFC after losing a decision to Valentina Shevchenko for the UFC flyweight title. Vanessa Porto, meanwhile, is ready for her Bellator debut after fighting in Invicta FC and becoming the flyweight champion.
There is no doubt that this should be a number one contender fight at flyweight, with the winner facing Julianna Velasquez. Carmouche has some name value, but Porto finally gets a shot in a major promotion.
In the fight, I expect Carmouche to be able to beat Porto, then go into a pullout and control the 37-year-old on the ground. Carmouche is better everywhere and will mix his strike and fight to win a clear decision.
Other choices Bellator 256:
- Jeremy Kennedy (-120): It’s a phenomenal fight, but I think Kennedy’s fight will make the difference because he will take a decision victory.
- Zingano cat (-770): It’s a complete mismatch, and Zingano should be able to take down Parker at will and subdue her or melt and pound TKO.
Final Word Bader vs. Machida 2
Lyoto Carvalho Machida is a Brazilian professional martial artist and karateka, currently signed with Bellator MMA, competing in the light heavyweight division.