Sunshine Coast local Ty Duncan will look to defend his Coastal Combat welterweight title for the first time this Saturday as he takes on Adrenaline MMA-trained Mat Myers in the main event of Coastal Combat 9.
With a 5-2 record, the Combat Lab athlete will be looking for three trotting wins as he looks to step into a talented regional welterweight division.
Myers brings a 2-1 record but his lack of experience on paper should not be discounted, having beaten the more experienced Hoshi Friedrich in the past and the only loss to Kevin Jousset.
Also on the card, Perth’s Jack Becker steps in to face Aidan Aguilera in an interstate match while Wade Sclater returns from a lengthy layoff to face Gregory Hearne in a lightweight bout.
How to watch Coastal Combat 9 anywhere in the world?
The event will be broadcast exclusively through online sports broadcaster Cleeng with a PPV listing of AU $ 40.00. .
What time will Coastal Combat 9 take place in Australia?
The event takes place at the Nambour Showgrounds on Saturday, April 17 with broadcast details showing a start time of 5:55 p.m. AEST.
Battle Card (Pro):
- Ty Duncan (c) v Mat Myers – Coastal Combat welterweight title
- Jack Becker vs. Aiden Aguilera
- Wade Sclater vs. Gregory Hearne
Fight card (amateur):
- Julian Prowse vs. Jaden Dalrymple
- Deegon McGurren vs. Cooper Smith
- Declan Wolfinden vs. Viktor Lyall
- Troy Fumo vs. Bruce Qurbani
- JayJay Te Huia vs. Christian Lapam
- Jamie Edenden vs. Bonnie Gillespie
- Jake Pitfield vs. Val Sharipov
- Erin Carter vs. Rebecca Cerra
- Caleb Miller vs. Andrew Welsh
- Dazz Kolovos vs. Michael Hodgson
* Last update: April 13, 2021