Thread: Tim Boetsch vs. Michael Bisping - UFC 148

Tim Boetsch vs. Michael Bisping - UFC 148

Tim Boetsch (15-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is about to take another huge step up in competition.

UFC officials today confirmed that Boetsch will meet Michael Bisping (22-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) at UFC 148, which takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and airs live on pay-per-view.

In his most recent performance, Boetsch delivered a spectacular come-from-behind victory against Yushin Okami at UFC 144. Down two rounds after contending with the onetime title challenger's crisp standup work, he charged back early in the third round and landed a barrage of punches that forced a stoppage.

It was Boetsch's third consecutive win since dropping to middleweight this past year. Prior to Okami, he outpointed Kendall Grove and Nick Ring.

Bisping is on the mend after seeing a shot at the middleweight title evaporate with a decision loss to Chael Sonnen at UFC on FOX 2. The always-controversial Brit had won four consecutive bouts prior to the setback, beating such standouts as Dan Miller, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jorge Rivera and Jason Miller.
    Never cheered for Bisping, won't start now. WAR Timmy!

Bisping will be elusive and out point Boetch I think. Not that I want that to happen because ill be rooting for Boetch, but Bisping is going to ultimate point decision his way to a win.

I agree. Should look like a sparring match unless somehow Boetch can clip him and turn the lights out with one punch, like Dan did.

Yep. And I believe that everyone here has the same, unanimous opinion that we all hope Boetch can do what Hendo did and leave Bisping unconscious lol.

WTF? I coulda swore Boetch was a HW. He looks like Ben Rothwell so much that I assumed he was a HW as well.
    "Fuck being a hero. I prefer being a ninja." - Killakev

Didnt he used to fight at heavyweight?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_N0rris View Post
    Didnt he used to fight at heavyweight?
    Hmm...
    wiki says he used to fight at light heavyweight until he lost to Phil Davis (205), but I see some of his former opponents were heavyweights.

215lbs http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Reese-Shaner-12150
    50lbs http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rudy-Sylvester-Lindsey-13268

H
    mm... lots of the guys he's fought pre-UFC have more losses than wins and look like they've given up fighting.
    Except this guy: He fights nonstop: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Decorah-6454
    "Fuck being a hero. I prefer being a ninja." - Killakev

Super Moderator
    good matchup.... bisping has good footwork and could outbox him as many of you said.... i look forward to seeing how this unfolds.... i'll be rooting for The Barbarian
    "i always drink beer or some kind of alcohol. and when i do, i sometimes prefer dos equis amber"

~above all else, i am man~

-i never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. a small bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself-

"I don't go there to survive. I go there to hunt..."
    -Georges St. Pierre